Thursday, December 21, 2006

longest night

Hey, guess what? We made it! After today, the days will start getting longer and the nights shorter. The Montana girl inside me is still waiting for winter to start, I'm sure this is the first time in my life I have made it to the winter solstice without having experienced the dazzle of sunlight on snow, the shock of slush in my boots, or the pink glow of snow-filled clouds at night.

Not that I miss it, very much, it just doesn't seem possible that Christmas is a handful of days away! For the record, and as per my usual, I have yet to purchase a single gift. I'll "git er done", hopefully sometime *before* the 24th.

The next 3 or 4 days are going to be busy ones for me at work. I've found the shoppers to be almost completely friendly and easy-going. I wish I could say the same for my co-workers, some of whom are, um....interesting. Whatever, I'm glad to be working and more than happy to have the busy days as the time just flies by.

Yesterday we went to my mom's and decorated gingerbread cookies. My sister met us there. Times like that are the reason we moved here, I'm so thrilled to be sharing holiday memories with extended family this year. So unlike last year.

Everyone had a turn with the camera while my sis, hubby and I watched the new u2 video over and over on my ipod, trying to name all the artists. We missed a lot of them, but it was fun to try and name them all. My baby sis new about 3 or 4 to each one that I knew. Doh.

(blogger doesn't want to let me upload photos right now for some reason, watch for them later)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home