Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Merry Christmas, and thank god it's over! No really, we had a nice holiday. The last few days before Christmas was a mad rush of shopping, shopping, and shopping. I finished up early in the day on xmas eve and then crashed, spending the rest of the afternoon sleeping. That night we watched a couple of xmas movies and I stayed up late reading, waiting for all the kids to fall asleep so Santa could come. Finally at 1am I had all the stockings filled and the Santa gifts set out under the tree. Brittany woke us up at 5am with coffee already brewing. It took a couple of hours for all the gifts to be opened, and we spent the rest of the day cooking, napping and just hanging out.
Monday was spent cleaning the house and de-christmassing it, which is honestly my favorite part of the holiday. I just can't stand a lot of clutter around and by the time xmas if over I'm just dying to take down the tree and all the decorations so things can go back to their de-cluttery usual way.
Tuesday we went to see the Chronicles of Narnia movie. It was so good! I read the books SO many times as a kids, I was a true Narnia addict. I thought this movie did a pretty good job of staying true to the book The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, and there were parts that we so *exactly* how I pictured them to be that it brought tears to my eyes.
The kids are home all week on vacation, so I won't be back to regularly blogging until next week. We have no big plans for New Year's Eve, it is sort of a non-holiday for us. In fact, we rarely even stay up until midnight to ring in the new year. Boring, aren't we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home