Monday, April 16, 2007

liking...loving...

Saturday:
I started reading Lisey's Story last night. It's been awhile since I read any Stephen King, and I had forgotten how his writing just draws you in. I'm not a fan of horror as a genre, but you can't get better than Stephen King when it comes to storytelling. I had this book on my mind ALL day today, I only read the first 50 pages or so last night but it really stuck with me. I have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time putting it down to get to sleep at a decent hour tonight.

I'm also loving this book and am currently knitting these socks in a fingering (really skinny, for the non-knitters out there) weight cotton/wool blend yarn in ivory, apple, yellow and a little bit of brown. Perfect yarn for spring!

Thursday:

So, yes, it's Thursday and I'm just now getting around to posting an entry I wrote on Saturday. Oops.

I have to add this amusing anecdote...I have some pictures of Bono hanging in my cubicle at work (among other things, it's not all Bono!) and a guy asked me today if that was my husband. He was dead serious, too! Hello!! How do you not recognize Bono?? And who does he think I'm married to that I have to snap photos of him as he signs autographs? It was funny. I just laughed and said, "I wish! That's Bono." If he doesn't know who Bono is I'm not going to be able to tell him in a way that's not going to reveal the depths of his ignorance. Really.

And for the record, I do have a picture of my actual, flesh-and-blood husband on my desk, too, and I pointed him out to the guy. No, it's not as prominent as my Bono photos, and no, there aren't as many pics of him as there are of u2, but I felt it important to point out that I do have an actual life, not just the fantasy one in my head where I get to run off with the band for good times and high adventures every night. Sigh.

4 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Oh wow, I tried to read Lisey's story a few months ago and hated it so incredibly much that I couldn't finish it! And I ALWAYS finish books. Even the bad ones! I think in my entire life I've only not finished two books... and this was one of them.

I did skip to the middle, another few chapters ahead and then the end to try to see if it ever picked up its pace and got better but it never did. :(

Funny how a book can be so different for people.

July 16, 2007 6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strange, but the line in the title of the site reminds me of what Bono said once, but I dunno where and when...maybe you can help me:
"one of the littler of the big blogs".
Bono said something like that but not with blog...I'm sure of that :) And you? ;)

November 15, 2007 4:06 AM  
Anonymous SEO Seattle said...

that's true it is so different because in book the writer makes the character perfect but in the reality their are few or nothing.

February 29, 2012 6:10 AM  
Anonymous San Francisco Search Engine Optimization said...

a very interesting article about the secret of letting go what are secrets that it very easy to let go someone you like.

February 29, 2012 6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home