Friday, January 19, 2007

it's official, and book club, plus blogger woes

I went to the airport yesterday and got fingerprinted so I can get my security clearance for my new job. That was the first time I've ever been fingerprinted, I guess I'm officially "in the system" now. There goes my life of crime. {wink}

Seriously, this whole security clearace process has taken forever, and I still probably won't start work until sometime next week. It's been kind of a nice vacation, but I *need* to get to work and get a paycheck coming in! So, in the meantime, I've continued to send out my resume if I saw any job listings that interested me.

That led to an interview I did earlier this week over the phone, and a follow-up interview tomorrow. If they end up offering me the job, I will have to decide between the 2. Not a bad position to be in, but I am not the queen of making decisions. I tend to look at the "worst case scenario" and with something like this there's just really no way to know which job will work out better in the long run. Roll of the dice, maybe?


Last night was the first meeting of a new book club. I went, and met 6 other ladies of all different age groups and backgrounds. I think it's going to be a lot of fun, even though the book we decided to read is one that I have already read before. Being a fairly active reader, I guess it'd be hard to find something that I hadn't read, so I don't mind if we have to do that every now and then. It was nice to get out of the house and do something different, and I've always wanted to be in a book club.


Blogger hasn't been letting me post photos for months now, it's really really bumming me out. I can post a photo if I upload it somewhere else, but I should be able to upload them right here in blogger, and I can't, and it's grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Today, for the first time all week, the kids have school, even though it's a 2 hour delayed start. They have loved the little vacation, but it has totally destroyed any schedule or regular pattern to our days, so it'll be nice if they can eventually attend school regularly again!

That's pretty much it here. Things are quiet on the u2 front, way too quiet but I'm hoping that means the boys are working in the studio (or somewhere....) on a new album. [drool]

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Hope your jobs are working out great. Best wishes sent your way.

January 23, 2007 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home