Tuesday, December 05, 2006

randomly Tuesday

It's a cold and foggy morning here in SW Washington today. I can't help but think of James Kim out there on that cold mountain, not knowing his family is safe and not knowing the way to go to get help. Hang in there James, help is coming to you!

My own husband is (finally!) coming home today after almost 2 weeks in Nevada. His father was buried yesterday in what I'm sure was an emotional graveside service at the Veteran's cemetary in Vegas.

I've been keeping busy thrifting (photos of some of my finds to come soon!) and getting things unpacked and just basically settling into and trying to fill up this big house. A lot of our things have been in storage since I packed them back in July, so it's really fun to be digging into those boxes and seeing all my "stuff" again.

I have yet to unpack my holiday spirit, you certainly wouldn't know Christmas is less than 3 weeks away by looking around my house. Partly it's not having Larry here, it's hard to make any final decisions about trees and such without his input. It's going to be nice to have him back and sharing those big life-and-death decisions with me, lol!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Jo said...

I have to say, the year we moved we barely celebrated Christmas :)
No tree, no decorations...but it was still good. We just enjoyed everyone else's ;)

I often wonder how single parents do it. Don't you?
It's not easy making all those decisions and having all the responsibility on your own.

December 05, 2006 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home