Thursday, December 21, 2006

be kind

If you're one of those millions of people who will be shopping in droves over the next few days, be kind. Remember that the people on the other side of the register are just that, people. We have families we'd much rather be with, too. We have plans and shopping and stresses of our own. Remember that a smile, a second of eye contact, a friendly word will make a huge difference to us. Be kind to us, and we'll be happy to try to answer your questions, find your "must-have" gifts, deal with your pre-emptive returns.

And to the person I talked to on the phone today, I'm sorry I wasn't more sympathetic when you said "I don't have time to come there and look at it, can you just tell me all about it and if it sounds like something I want, I'll just run in and get it". Between running 2 registers, trying to answer questions about products with which I have little to no familiarity, and ignoring my aching feet, I just didn't have much left for you. I hope you found the perfect gift for whoever it was you were buying for. Really, I do.

1 Comments:

Blogger c said...

i hope you have some time to relax heading into the new year. you've had quite a year! happy holidays..

c

December 27, 2006 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home