Monday, November 13, 2006

Knit Mitt Kit Swap questionnaire

if you're not my KMKS pal, feel free to ignore this entry, lol!

The Questionnaire:
What are your favorite colors?pinks, yellows, greens
Are you a new mitt knitter? yes
How long have you been knitting mittens?
I've never knit mittens before, ever!
Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
hmmm, I guess I'd say multi but really either one is fine
What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn?
I prefer natural fibers in general. Wool seems like a logical choice for mittens, or a wool blend.
Where do you usually knit mittens?
I knit anywhere and everywhere
How do you usually carry/store small projects?
small project bags
What are your favorite mitten patterns?
I like fingerless gloves, flip top mittens, norwegian style mittens
What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques?
???
What new techniques would you like to try?
maybe colorwork? or felted mittens?
What are your favorite needles for knitting mittens?
I've not done mittens before, but I do socks using magic loop and that's how I prefer to do circular knitting. Longer length Addis or knit picks work great for magic loop.
What are some of your favorite yarns?
I'm not too picky, other than my preference for natural fibers. I love wool, like Cascade 220 or Plymouth Galway. Merino is of course a favorite, too. I also like other natural fibers like cotton, silk, cashmere, alpaca, etc.
What yarn do you totally covet?
I totally covet handmaiden sea silk at the moment. Also koigu, lornas laces, basically any of the more expensive one's it's hard to justify buying. Or the ones that I never see at LYS around here, like Cherry Tree Hill or Socks That Rock.
Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
As far as mittens go, I'd love to make a gorgeous pair of norwegian ones, maybe a EZ or Dale of Norway pattern with lots of colorwork and beautiful patterns.
Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?
I guess I kind of covered that earlier. I love my Addi's, of course. I like a sharper needle vs a more blunt one. I like to do magic loop so I have to have a flexible cable and a smooth join. I do have a set of Boye's Needlemaster, and I have lost my longest cable for them, but they don't really work with Magic Loop anyway because of their weird join.
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be?
I have no idea, lol!
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?
Peanut butter m&ms are my favorite candy
What’s your favorite animal?
I don't really have one I guess.
Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts?
either!
If you were a color what color would you be?
pink?
What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
the sea
Do you have a wishlist?
in my head I do, lol!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes, I just realized you posted your questionnaire 3 days ago! I'm printing it out now so I can get down to business putting together something you'll love. ;)

--Your KMKS pal

November 16, 2006 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home