Wednesday, November 29, 2006

can you believe it?

Two posts in one day?! Unreal, I know.

I'm obviously trying to find a way to juggle things and settle into our new life here in Vancouver. I've had to let the blogging slip a little bit, but I have been reading my bloglines faithfully and have full intentions of blogging more often as things settle down here.

The problem with the blog-break is that so many things happen, large and small, that it's hard to know where to start in terms of an "update"! I'll try to keep this brief.

We are really enjoying getting to know the community here, and are gradually learning our way around and meeting people, etc. Both boys started school today, and that went well. That goes a long way toward making this place feel like home. The girls will both be starting school in the next week or so, too.

Larry has been out of town and spent a grand total of one night here with us (more on that later), so that is really strange and hard on Lilly in particular. She misses her daddy, but she's doing ok and will be more than excited to see him when he gets back next week.

The weather has been weird, I guess. Coming from Montana as I do, it is not at all strange to have snow, and lots of it, in November. So the little dusting of snow we got here yesterday morning didn't really even register in my mind as a problem, but I guess it's all a matter of perspective. The snow was pretty, anyway, and if it caused enough problems for school to start 2 hours late, I guess that's ok too.

Tonight we're due for freezing rain, which is something I have never experienced. I'm thinking it will be pretty to look at, and ugly to drive on. I'm in the midst of a big-time job hunt, so I can't afford to be homebound for long!

Sadly, Larry's dad passed away early Monday morning. Larry has been at his parent's house since last Friday, so he got a chance to say goodbye and was with his dad as he died. It is sad, and hard, and I wish I could be there but I'm just glad Larry has been able to be with his mom and the rest of his siblings will all be there by the end of the week.

My kids are sad to have lost thier only Grandpa "Papa", but it is sort of abstract for them since they didn't see or talk to Papa very often. It's mostly sad for Larry to have lost his dad, and June to have lost her husband after 55 years of marriage. At least he lived a long life, and he's not sufffering any more.

So, that's really made this adjustment to a new house, new town, new life a lot harder than it had to be, but we're doing good and looking forward to the New Year.

Lots of knitting has been going on, too, not to mention all that's been going on in the world of u2, but that will have to wait for another day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Jo said...

I'm sorry to hear about Larry's dad :(

November 30, 2006 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home