Saturday, October 21, 2006

what do you know

I got my meds, took my meds, and feel a million times better. How about that! Someday I'll address the issue of whether I want to be chemically dependent for the rest of my life. Today I'm just enjoying feeling better.

I didn't do a lot of knitting this week, mainly because of my massive headache that made moving my eyeballs extraordinarily painful, but I did do a couple of rows a day on my socks. Last night when Larry got home from work, I was sitting on the couch knitting. He said that was his first clue I was starting to feel better, not being greeted by the sight of me curled in a fetal position on the couch with a pillow over my head, lol!

So this morning, to celebrate the weekend, the return of the sun, and to say goodbye to effexor withdrawal syndrome, I cast off my socks! My very first pair of socks. I like them, although they don't fit exactly perfectly. Just like anything else, I expect I'll get better at it the more socks I knit. And even if they are a little baggy, they are warm and comfy and stripey and bright!
Lilly kindly "offered" take a photo of them for me, hence the shakey out-of-focus photo below:


I cast off at the ankle, so I have a decent bit left of each skein (I knit both socks at once from 2 different skeins of yarn). Someone gave Lilly the idea that I should make her a matching pair, and since there's not enough yarn there for another adult size pair, it's a good idea. I can probably make a pair of knee-socks for a 5 year old with what I have, and then we'll have mother-daughter stripey socks. What could be better?


And speaking of daughters, here is the older of my 2, modeling her birthday sweater. I'm proud to say I had it done, blocked, buttons and all, before her birthday. A pumpkin colored sweater for my first pumpkin baby!

3 Comments:

Blogger Scribbit said...

Nice sweater--I love doing cable knits, they're so fun.

October 21, 2006 8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I came across your site because of the title "the secret of letting go". I will recommend two techniques that actually show you how to let go. I personally use them both and they have benefitted me and others I know in amazing ways. They are different from anything else I have tried --it actually works. I read some of your posts, this could be something you like, if you are ready to do some letting go. www.sedona.com www.releasetechnique.com take care,

October 21, 2006 9:27 PM  
Blogger Mary Jo said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better and you have your meds.
For now just be ok until you are ready to make that change.
xxoo

October 22, 2006 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home