Friday, October 06, 2006

knittin'...


I spent most of the day Wed. knitting Britt's sweater, and it's finished! It still needs to be blocked, and we haven't chosen buttons for it yet, but the knitting and seaming is done. Done done done. Phew!

With that out of the way (and well in advance of her birthday, too!), I was free to start my first socks. I spent some time yesterday morning mulling over sock patterns, techniques and tutorials. Finally, I started. 2 at once, toe up, magic loop, and if you're not a knitter I know your eyes just glazed over, sorry! I think I have the technique pretty much figured out now, I only had to cast on (using this method) twice, the first time ending in a crazily tangled mess. Here's where I'm at with them this morning. This sock knitting thing is fun!

1 Comments:

Blogger Scribbit said...

Oh you're motivating me to pick up the needles again. With the weather getting cold I start thinking about those kinds of things more and more. A beautiful job you've done.

October 07, 2006 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home