Sunday, October 01, 2006


Just a random goofy pic from Portland last weekend. My brother, sister-in-law, Tucker and I walked from my mom's place to Powell's, and on the way we found this panhandler's sign discarded on the road. It was so funny, especially since my brother is a stylist and had just cut Barrett's hair an hour earlier. In case you can't read it, it says "I have an interview Monday. Need cash for hair cut. Thank you". I wonder how that worked out for the sign's maker?

Here's something cool...I took the kids to Astoria to get groceries this morning ($199...ouch), and on the way back I saw that there were people in and around a new Starbucks that was just built. I decided to swing through the drivethrough and reward myself with a triple grande mocha (no whip), and when I got to the drivethrough window there was a sign saying they didn't open until tomorrow. Before I could drive off, a guy came on the loudspeaker and greeted us. I said "Oh, I didn't know if you were open!" and he says "We sure are, and everything's free!". I really didn't believe him at first, but he convinced me. Cool! I got my mocha, and a cranberry orange scone. Since I had the kids with me, they also got whatever they wanted, so we loaded up with Frappuccinos, scones, doughnuts and steamers. I even got a free Starbucks travel mug, lol! That pretty much made my day, really. As my buddy Leslie always says, the only better than free stuff is more free stuff. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home