Sunday, October 29, 2006

I guess I took a break...

didn't really mean to take a blog break for the past week or so, but I guess I did. We've been househunting, that pretty much takes up all our "spare time". Hopefully we'll find the right place for us soon!

In the meantime, I was inspired earlier today to make an entry about my favorite podcasts. This is something I've been meaning to do for a long time, but never quite got around to doing. I have a long and eclectic list of podcasts I listen to on a more-or-less regular basis, and I look forward each day to opening iTunes and seeing which 'casts update.

I listen while I do housework, I absolutely can't face a sink full of dirty dishes without my ipod on board. I listen while I walk, while I knit, while I cook. My little ipod shuffle has seen some pretty heavy use over the past year or so as a result. I do have a waterproof silicone cover for it, otherwise I'm sure it would have died long ago. Still, the headphones are wearing out, particularly the left one which has a crazy-making buzz in it. The "shuffle" feature doesn't work, the battery light works fitfully at best, and the "play" button has become temperamental.

A new iPod is in the very near future for me, I can't wait! I just found out about this case, which is perfect and definitely going home with me, too.

Ok, I guess I sort of drifted from podcasts to ipods there. Before I digress again, here are some of my favorite podcasts:

crafty/knitting 'casts:
  1. Craftsanity
  2. Creative Mom Podcast
  3. Cast On
  4. Lime-n-Violet
  5. Knitty D and the City
  6. CraftBorg

Lost podcasts (yes, I'm a total dweeb and Lost freak and listen to these 'casts to fill the time between episodes!):

  1. The Lost Podcast with Jay and Jack (the best!!!)
  2. LostCasts
  3. The Official Lost Podcast

Misc.:

  1. Quirky Nomads
  2. NPR Shuffle
  3. @u2 podcast
  4. This American Life

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Jo said...

Oh my! Of course you need that case!! I can't wait to show it to Mike.
Good luck with the house hunting. I know that can be very frustrating!

October 30, 2006 6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great case, I agree. And, hey, I'm thrilled to see I make the podcast list of routine listens. Yeah! Seriously, I love seeing these kinds of lists... and, looks like you've got a lot of great things you listen to. (Many are on my list, too!) I got your email and _will_ write soon!

October 30, 2006 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home