Thursday, October 19, 2006

brain shivers

brain shivers...it's a term that is used to describe one of the many unpleasant side effects of effexor withdrawal. It's kind of a fun term to use as a blog entry title, when the actual brain shivers have reduced ones gray matter to gray jello. I can't think of a decent title, so brain shivers it is.

Despite my own little life-stopping drama that has been played out ad nauseum on my blog this week, the rest of the world has somehow managed to continue to function. It's quite a blow to my ego, frankly, that the world hasn't been brought to it's knees just because I have been, but there you have it.

So rather than bore and disgust you with further ranting and wailing about my own condition at the moment, here's some of the other stuff that has managed to, however briefly, catch my attention this week.

First of all, I wish desperately that I could do this justice, but I can't. If you're not already a huge fan of Emm Gryner, please head immediately to Scatter O'Light and read C's entry about Emm. More importantly, listen to the song. Just listen. If you're not haunted by Emm's voice, I don't know what tell you. Because I haven't been able to get that song out of my (admittedly fucked up) head since the first time I heard it. I can only imagine the rest of her music is just as moving, I look forward to someday being able to listen to more than 2 minutes of music between attacks of brain shivers.

Here's a photo from last night in London....when was the last time you saw such a cute couple?? They are adorable. Mostly because of how much B obviously adores Ali. I love seeing photos of them together. So sweet.

So, I'm trying to find some little things to enjoy in those moments that I'm not either unconscious, in the bathroom, or writhing in pain. Hanging in there, trying to distract myself, trying to remember that I'll feel better soon. I will, right? Feel better soon? Promise?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Jo said...

I'm so sorry, Molly. :(

October 19, 2006 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home