Thursday, August 31, 2006

ok people, I'm here! I'm sorry it's been so long, and I wish I had more time to write right now. Please hang in there with me, I'm looking forward to a time (soon!) when things will calm down and I'll have more time for blogging. I miss writing, miss reading blogs, and miss feeling the connection I have as a member of the blogging community.

For now I'll just give the briefest of brief updates. We are all doing well as we head into labor day weekend and look forward to school starting on Tuesday. We have been to the schools and met the kids' teachers, gotten the supply lists checked off, and are enjoying summer's last hurrah before the months of schedules, homework and after-school activities takes over.

We still haven't found a permanent place to stay, so for Sept. we have once again rented a small trailer by the sea. It has it's pros and cons, but nothing can really beat falling asleep to the sound of the surf.

We've been spending lots of time with family, and taken a couple of trips to Portland which is a great city. I'm starting to find my way around the city better, and on our last trip I hit a couple of yarn shops and a ginormous Goodwill. I also made a stop at the local scrapbook store north of Seaside in Warrenton, and I can't wait to get back to scrapbooking as it is a huge store with lots of great products. There is a small scrapbook selection at the local yarn shop here in Seaside, but just a very small one. The yarn there is a pretty wide selection, but the person working there who may or may not have been the owner was far less than helpful on my last trip there, which is a bummer. I'm all about good customer service, especially when I'm the customer, lol!

The big news in the u2 world at the moment is Bono's announcement that yes they ARE working on an album to be released in 2007! Which means probably a tour in '08. This is great news! In the meantime, I'm still pining away for Honolulu in December, but realistically I know that's not in the cards for me. Still, a girl's gotta dream. Pearl Jam, U2, Hawaii, December, it doesn't get much better than that, does it?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Lord woman! Good to see you are still among the living! I was having my doubts! All good here. Hal started K on Wednesday. I only sniveled a little. Take care. Mail when you can! Tink

August 31, 2006 8:45 PM  
Blogger Mary Jo said...

So happy to *see* you!
I knew you were busy and was actually going to email you today to check in if you hadn't posted :)
Glad things are going well even if it's still a little crazy.

I so hope U2 has that album coming out in 2007. We have promised Evan that he will go with us to a show on their next tour. He'll be about
six or so. That should be an ok age with ear plugs don't you think!?

September 01, 2006 6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home