Saturday, July 22, 2006

we're here!

Just a very brief post to say we made it to Portland late on Friday night and have spent today with my mom and brother and enjoying (??) being in the city. Too bad it's one of the hottest days of the year!

My mom and Britt and I went downtown today and saw Powell's (huge HUGE bookstore!) and I made a quick trip to knit/purl, a gorgeous Portland yarn shop. I'm proud of myself for not buying anything, but I did drool over a lot of beautiful yarn there. The ribbonrie/button emporium was closed, I can't wait to get there again some time.
Yesterday driving through the comparative barren wasteland that is Eastern WA in 100+ degree weather was a trial of endurance, but we all made it and no car trouble at all.

Monday we are headed to the coast and I'm so much looking forward to that.

I'm tired and overwhelmed so don't have a lot more to say right now, but we did make it and all is well. I'll update again as soon as I can, I have lots of great pics but my camera battery needs to be charged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home