Tuesday, July 04, 2006

firecrackers and ice cream...

It's been at least half of forever since I posted. Don't worry, I'm still here! Just very, very busy packing, sorting, cleaning....the usual. We're having a yard sale this weekend, it's a lot of work but hopefully it'll be worth it and make a decent contribution to our Moving Fund.

A couple more weeks and we'll be headed west, we're going to keep going until our feet get wet, then stop. I can't wait to see the ocean again, and for the kids to see it for the first time! Britt was with us the last time we went to the Oregon coast, but she wasn't quite 2 years old and doesn't remember it at all. It's going to be SO great being there again. Hopefully we'll find a place to settle not too far from the coast, so we can go there lots. The idea of actually living on the coast and taking daily walks at the beach is something I fantasize about a lot these days!

Also, I can't believe I can actually say this, I finished my clapotis! Holy freaking cow, that thing goes on forever. I almost lost hope of ever finishing, but kept plugging away and it's done now. And thank god, because everyone needs a thick wool stole for the 4th of July, don't they? {rolling eyes} I haven't taken pics yet, but will do that soon as I'm sure to have the camera out today.

I'm taking a little break between bigger projects and knitting some dishcloths. I have lots of cotton yarn that I can use up, and they are easy and small enough to tote around with me and pick up during little breaks in the activity around here.

We're heading the 4th of July parade a little bit later, and then of course tonight we'll be watching the big fireworks display. My camera has a cool and nifty little "fireworks" setting that I can't wait to use again. Maybe this year I'll remember my tripod!

Happy birthday, America.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Jo said...

Happy 4th!!!
Good luck with moving!

July 05, 2006 5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home