Saturday, June 10, 2006

Aaaand, we're down again. Still having some connectivity issues at my house, I'm crossing my fingers that we'll have it all worked out on Monday when a crew from the cable co. will be here yet again. In the meantime, we're lucky that our digital phone line isn't down like the tv and internet are, and I'm still able to get online occassionally via my neighbor's wifi. Thanks for bearing with me through this, I really hope everything will be back to normal after the first of the week!

Kids stuff
Tuesday we're taking Lilly in to have another set of ear tubes inserted, and her adenoids removed. It's not a big deal at all, and something we've been through 4 times before, but I'm still not looking forward to it and just can't wait until it's over and she's out of the anesthesia. I won't find out until Monday what time she's scheduled to go in, and I really hope she gets in first thing in the morning because it's going to be so hard to keep her from eating or drinking anything beforehand!

This week we signed Barrett up for summer camp, it'll be his first time and he's really looking forward to it. I know he'll have fun, for the most part, but I keep thinking about how homesick he got when he went to Nevada with Larry, and I worry about him missing us and being sad. I do think it'll be fun for him, though, so we'll just have to hope for the best. I had a lot of fun at summer camp when I was a kid, and always thought it was something my kids would do, too, but so far Brittany and Tucker haven't ever wanted to go, so this is our first time as well. I'm going to send him lots of care packages while he's there, I remember my best friend growing up always got big packages from her mom while we were at camp, and I never did, and I felt so jealous of her. I want to be the mom that sends awesome care packages that the other kids are jealous of, lol!!

We also registered the 3 younger kids for the summer reading program at the public library, they are earning tokens based on number of pages read and so there is a lot of reading going on which is great. Lilly of course can't read, but anything read to her counts, so Barrett's been reading to her a lot which gives them both points. There are also lots of fun activities at the library planned to go along with the reading program, including a book club for the boys' ages, so it's nice.

Crafting
My main crafting this week has been continuing to work on Lilly's crocheted blanket. I actually took a break from it yesterday, but up until then I'd been spending at least a couple hours a day on it. I think I have about a third of the squares done, I haven't counted lately. I do know I'm getting a little low on wool and need to get some more, different colors. So far I have 5 colors going, and I really love how it's turning out.

I've also been recycling a little yarn, I was so bummed yesterday when I finally tore into this gorgeous teal 100% wool sweater from Ireland only to find that they had surged and trimmed every seam in the construction of the sweater, thereby cutting each and every piece of yarn and leaving me with a pieces a couple of feet or a yard long at most. Doh! So bummed, it is such gorgeous wool and I'm still going to work on unraveling it and splicing each strand of yarn together, but I'm not sure how it will work in an actual project, having all those little splices along the length of the yarn.

As of yesterday I am totallly, 100% caught up with all my assignments/projects in the scrapbooking world, and am looking forward to doing a little scrapping just for me before I get my July assignments.

U2
Just a couple things going on in the u2 world....it seems that an announcement of the rescheduled dates for the close of the tour may be getting close. U2.com had a brief statement posted yesterday thanking fans for their patience and said that an announcement is forthcoming. I hope that means things are going well for the sick family member.
Fans reported seeing all 4 band members in Eze, France last week, where Edge and Bono have neighboring homes. That seems to confirm what Bono said about getting together with the band this month and beginning work on their next album. Great news!!

Also, publication of the book U2 by U2, which fans have been waiting over a year for, is finally going to happen and a release date of Sept. 26 was announced by the publisher. I can NOT wait to get my hands on this book, finally!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Jo said...

Woo hoo!! Woo hoo!!! The U2 book!!!! Wish I could actually surprise Mike with a copy of it but he'll know long before it comes out :)
New album, new album woo hoo!!!
We've promised Evan that the next time they go on tour we'll take him to a show. How cool would it be to meet somewhere in between for a show :)

June 11, 2006 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home