Thursday, May 25, 2006

surreal television....

Yeah, so today's not media day, but too much crazy tv happened last night to avoid blogging about it today, lol!

We watched the first hour of the 2 hour American Idol finale, then of course switched over to Lost and then flipped back and forth during commercials.

There was some crazy, bad and crazy-bad singing going on last night. Meatloaf? Dionne WARWICK? Please. And Prince, I love him as anyone growing up in the '80s must, but did he really need to do AI? I think not.
I literally almost DIED when I heard Eliott Yamin start singing "One". Literally, as in I choked on popcorn and spewed and sputtered all over. I would have put big money on never EVER hearing a u2 song on a show like that. Thanks, Mary J, for pimping out the song and making it all about you.

You can imagine, then, my reaction when I switched over to a whole 'nother network to watch Lost, only to hear One AGAIN, this time as an ABC promo. Seeing Ty Pennington's face, Desperate Housewives and the like, all with One playing in the background. This is the stuff nightmares are made of. I now officially hate Mary J Blige and I can only hope u2 aren't too happy about it either. The Bono/Mary J duet of One is on her new album, so I'm thinking she must have some rights to it in terms of promoting it. I just can't stand it. ABC is now the "One" network, complete with a theme song that's about a gay person coming out to their judgemental parents. Trying to get my head around that gives me a headache, really.

Lost, however, didn't disappoint. What an awesome season finale! I think it answered enough questions to give a sense of completeness to some of the story lines, but opened up more than enough new questions to keep us all hooked and desperate to know what happens next. Love that show!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Jo said...

Molly - my heart did the same thing when he started singing "One".
I hit the record button on the DVR just in case but then common sense told me that no way would Bono be on AI. Then I heard Mary J's little trills and realized that it was her. Plttttt!
Oh well :)

May 25, 2006 9:40 AM  
Blogger c said...

the abc promo pissed me off. that song is not only being whored out, but it's totally being misinterpreted/misrepresented.

June 03, 2006 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home