Thursday, May 25, 2006

May 25

5/25/25.....that's the day my Grandma was born. She would've been 81 today. Last year we had a picnic, and I gave her a framed portrait of my kids, which is now hanging on MY wall instead of hers. I miss her. A lot. It's been hard, with Mother's Day, and her birthday, and Memorial Day all on top of one another. Days that we normally would've gotten together to do family-type stuff.
I can't really explain how I feel except I'm just sad and my stomach hurts. I'm tired and just want to go to bed, which is my usual way of dealing when things get overwhelming.
Luckily for me, and moreso for my children, my dh is getting off early today and is on his way home now rather than 9:00 tonight like he was scheduled. We're going to do some errands and maybe eat dinner out. Just something to break the monotony and force me to put on some real clothes and get out of the house. Maybe I'll get to stop at a scrapbook or yarn store and get a little something, retail therapy always helps at least a little!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Jo said...

I miss my grandma all the time.
It will be one year in August.
Found a picture of her in the most unlikely place.
A photo in my backyard, Evan's third birthday party. Evan and his cousin are playing on his climber and seated in the background at the patio table is my grandma all alone. Two and a half months later she died. And my first reaction was, why wasn't I sitting with her. Talking and keeping her company. Why was she just sitting there alone. And then I remembered that she had just arrived. I was doing party things and later on that table was filled with friends and family visiting with her. So all was good. I just still miss her so but it does get easier. Not as painful. (((hugs, Molly)))

May 26, 2006 6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home