Tuesday, May 23, 2006

it's Tuesday, so.....my crafty life

Crafty update for this week:

Finished crocheting the bodice of the dress I'm making for Lil, now I just have to remember to bring it with me to the fabric store to find something that matches for the skirt. No huge rush to do that since the bodice is way large on her. The pattern was for a baby dress so I had to improvise on the size, and over-estimated. That's ok, though, there's always next summer.

So now I have nothing on needles or hooks, I think I'd like to knit something next rather than crochet again, but Lilly saw this blanket in the current issue of Interweave Crochet magazine that I was looking at and she wants me to make it for her. It might be a good project, lots of squares of different sizes so it would be very portable.

My felting experiments are going great, I made some wool felt from a nice black wool sweater and today I cut out and made a softie for my BackTack partner. It turned out cute, I wasn't sure what to expect from my very first felted project, but I'm pleased. Hope my partner is too, when she gets it! I'll get it in the mail by the weekend, hopefully.

I also have nothing on my scrapping table right now. I just finished up a set of 10 baby cards yesterday, and don't have any other deadlines looming at the moment. Maybe I'll get a chance to make something "just because"?

So, really, as of about a half an hour ago when I finished my backtack softie, I have nothing in the works craft-wise. That is unusual for me! Just not sure what I want to start next, need to go through my yarn stash and see what I have and in what quantities. A trip to the local yarn store is in my future!

I'm in a little bit of a slump right now, and the condition of my house shows it, so it's probably good that I'm not preoccupied with a new project at the moment. We'll see if that changes by next Tuesday's crafty update!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home