Monday, May 15, 2006

I hope all of you who are mothers had a happy and peaceful Mother's Day! I had a nice day, didn't do anything too exciting but lazed around and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Spent most of the day outside, we are so enjoying our huge yard this summer! I had the kids bring Candy (the bunny) and Mr. Pink (guinea pig) out so they could run rampant. Had to keep our eyes out for hawks, though, I didn't want one of the pets to be snatched off to a grisly death!
I'd like to get a hammock set up so I can take naps out in the yard in the afternoon, wouldn't that be wonderful?? Going to have to get on that...

It's already getting to the point that it's hard to get the kids to go to bed at night, it's been so gorgeous out and is staying light until after 9pm. In that way it will be nice when school gets out, not having to try to convince them to go to bed so they will wake up on time in the morning.

One thing that's really bumming me out...Lilly took a fall about 3 weeks ago and bumped her 2 front bottom teeth pretty hard. It bled a little, and they were a little loose, but not too major. Well, only about 3 days later she did basically the same thing. Less bleeding, and no crying, and I honestly didn't think much of it other than to note that the teeth were still a little loose. Just a little wiggle. Well, when looking at her in the bright light outside this weekend I noticed that those teeth looked a little weird. A little....gray. And yeah, they are. Gray. Basically, dead. Still just a little loose, it's not stopping her from eating or anything and she hasn't complained about pain, but they are obviously dead/dying. That just sucks!! Yes, they are baby teeth, but still. I hate the idea of having to take her in and get them pulled, that would be awful for her. On the other hand, they are getting grayer and grayer by the day and I can't have her going around looking like a meth addict, can I?

So, that bums me. I'm not sure what I could've done differently, but I still blame myself. And her little teeth, they are so cute and pearly. Or used to be. It's not cool to see them bascially decaying away in her mouth. :(
I am very thankful they are not her permanent teeth, though, and that concludes this episode of motherhood angst for today!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melodee said...

The 3-year old boy I watched fell on his teeth and they turned gray . . . but they turned while again, after a time. So maybe there is hope?

May 18, 2006 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home