Wednesday, April 12, 2006














Ok, I'm done! I sewed some pretty pink twill to my bag, so I can just tie it closed when I use it. I took a couple of pics of the bag. The outside is a thick, canvas-ish cotton floral, and it's lined with green polar fleece. I even did a little machine quilting on it! I love it. I just wanted a sleeve-type bag for my laptop, I have a larger, more protective laptop tote, but I felt like it was kind of knocking around in there, so I wanted an envelope or sleeve that I could slide it into and then put that into my bigger bag.


I didn't get a picture of it, but I also made an identical miniature one to hold my mini mouse so it will have it's own little spot when/if I ever travel and want to bring it along. I don't have a lot of scraps left, but I might have enough fleece to also make another pouch that I can put my power and other cords in, so I think I'll do that this afternoon.






While I was snapping these pics I also took a picture of this gorgeous vintage fabric I picked up at Goodwill last week. Isn't it gorgeous? There are probably 2 or 3 yards of it, someone had sewed it into a large cushion cover, kind of like a huge pillowcase with zipper on the end, and it's in great shape. I don't know what I'm going to make with it, but it's so pretty I just had to buy it. And for .99, I couldn't resist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home