Saturday, April 08, 2006

oh brother

Here I am again, with an update. Everything changes, but today it seems everything is changing from minute to minute and is hard to keep up with!

The latest change being, Larry IS going to Vegas, and he's leaving early tomorrow morning. He's driving, and may or may not be taking some or all of the children with him. Do you hear that? That is the sound of me wishing and hoping and crossing my fingers that he'll take at least a couple of kids with him. I'm putting all my psychic energy (such as it is, lol) into subliminally influencing him to not want to travel alone. I'm using all my powers of persuasion and feminine wiles to persuade him, but in a way that doesn't make it clear exactly how much I want him to please god please, pretty pretty please don't leave me all alone with them for a week....NOOOOOooooooooo

Actually, I know I can handle it alone for a week, I've done it before. I tend to do really well when I know I'm the One In Charge, when I know I have Larry as back-up then it's a lot easier for me to let things go, knowing he'll do at least some of what I've left undone. So I'll be fine if he goes alone, and we'll have a good week.
But. But. An evil little part of my mind keeps reminding me how nice it would be to have a little bit of a break this week...god forbid I even say it out loud for fear of jinxing it, but imagine for a moment if he took Lilly with him. I'd be what? Alone. Where? At home. When? All day! Every day! The mind boggles!!!!! The things I could do! The creating I could get done! The books to read, the cupboards to organize, the napping and the eating of chocolate right out in the open where anyone could see me, because there'd be *nobody here to see me*!! Oh. my. god. I could go shopping. Alone. Slowly. Browsing. Even...even...stores with actual honest to god breakable merchandise! I need to catch my breath.

So, really, we'll be fine if he goes alone. But, how much finer it would be if he has at least a {little} company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home