Friday, April 14, 2006

Hey! I'm still here, were you wondering? Just having fun and doing some "big kid" stuff with Tucker and Britt. Larry, Barrett and Lilly are heading home early tomorrow, so hopefully they will make it safely and quickly home by late Sat. or very early on Easter.

Yesterday we ordered pizza for dinner and the kids talked me into watching the movie Red Eye with them. I thought it was more of a horror movie so I wasn't going to let them watch it, but the Britt told me she'd already seen it at a friend's house and told me a little about it, so I relented. It was...meh. Not the worst, definitely not the best. Just meh.

Today they started spring break, so no school until Wednesday. So we were out and about early grocery shopping, Easter shopping, hit a couple of thrift shops and had lunch at Burger King. It was a fun day, teenage angst and mood swings notwithstanding.

I found some cool stuff at the thrift shops, some I bought and some I didn't. Tucker got a pair of rollerblades for $3 which he's been wanting forever, all winter he's been asking me for them but I didn't want to buy them before the weather was nice enough because his feet grow so fast. I got a pampered chef tool turnabout for .99, and got Lilly a Gymboree dress and pair of Gymbo leggings for 1.99 each. And just some other misc. cool stuff. I think tomorrow morning Tucker and I are going to get up early and go to a few garage sales.

Anyway, as I'm trying to type this Tucker is going in and out (and in and out and in and...) and telling me all about his skating experiences, so I should stop begging him for 5 minutes of peace and just give it up. We just watched Yours, Mine and Ours (new version) and Britt has left to spend the night with a friend.

Tomorrow, other than the garage sales, I have some sewing to do and major housework projects to get ready for the rest of the family getting home!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Jo said...

Hoping for a safe trip back for your family :)
Have a great weekend, Molly!!

April 15, 2006 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home