Sunday, April 09, 2006

day one

I just talked to Larry, they are almost to Grandpa and Grandma's house, about 15 minutes or so away by now. I feel so bad because while Larry said Lilly hasn't vomited again, she is really warm and may have a fever. He also thought maybe it was just the sun shining in on her that heated her up. I miss her enough already, I can't stand the thought of her being sick so far away from me!
I can't believe that all this time, with everything that we have been doing today, those guys have just been driving, driving, driving, driving....

So, day 1 was pretty fun! I'm definitely missing my family, especially right now. It's night time and it's so quiet! No bedtime tooth brushings, pj's, stories. It just seems weird! Of course, I'm not alone here, but at almost-12 and 14 Tucker and Britt pretty much have thier bedtime routines handled on their own. ;)

Today I made them each do a few chores around the house, nothing major but Sunday is usually a housework day for our kids so I did make them do a little bit. We took the rabbit and guinea pig out to the yard and let them run around and eat clover while we scrubbed out their respective homes. Ick! But, now they are nice and fresh and clean with new bedding and fresh food and water.

We also did a little shopping, and I took them to Arby's for lunch. When we got home I fell asleep on the couch watching Top Chef. When I woke up I made dinner and the kids went outside and flew Lilly and Barrett's kites for awhile. See, there are benefits to having the younger ones gone...namely, getting to mess with their stuff, lol! Tonight we watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. It was surprisingly good! I had very very low expectations, but saw it on the shelf at the library yesterday so I grabbed it thinking Britt might like to see it. Even Tucker watched it with us, although he was totally offended by the beginning when they were each trying on the jeans. He didn't appreciate those underwear-clad butt shots, lol!


Tomorrow while the kids are at school I'm going to really tackle most of the housework, then it should't be hard to keep it clean for the rest of the week.

Which will leave me free to scrapbook! I did clean off my scrapping desk today, so it is relatively clear and ready for my next project, whatever it may be. I hope to get a lot of scrapping done this week, there is a pretty big design team gig that's opening up later in the month, and I'd like to have some really good layouts done to submit for that.

I'm also meeting an old friend for lunch tomorrow, I'm looking forward to that, it will be nice to catch up with her.

I had some pics I wanted to post, but blogger is not cooperating with the uploading of photos tonight, so I will save those for tomorrow, Day 2!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home