Thursday, April 20, 2006

:)

I got home from taking the boys to their eye appointments to 2 wonderful surprises in my email inbox.
First of all, I got an email from an old friend that I haven't talked to for close to a year. This is someone that was an incredibly close friend, we would talk on the phone every day, email almost hourly it seemed. Visited each other (she lives in another state), shared the great news and the really really bad times, too. Then we kind of lost touch. I've been thinking about her a lot, all along really but especially lately. I wasn't sure if she had the same email and I had moved a couple times so I know she didn't have my phone number or anything. ANYWAY, she sent me the nicest email just basically saying she misses me and wonders how I'm doing. You can bet I wrote back to her immediately, with a huge grin on my face. I'll be stalking my inbox until I hear back from her, too!

Secondly, I found out that I am one of 20 finalists for the Frances Meyer design team! Wow, this is a huge honor. I first read that they were having a call for new DT members early last month and knew immediately that I wanted to try out for it. Sent in my submission per their guidelines, and tried not to stew over it too much. They had said they would announce the finalists tomorrow, but they did it today, and I'm one of them! So, so thrilled.
Now they are Fed Ex-ing each of us some of their product to use, and we have to submit 2 projects using those products, and they will choose the top 10 to be on their 2006 Design Team. Cross your fingers for me!

oh, and by the way, Tucker needs new glasses as his prescription has changed, and Barrett now needs glasses for seeing long distances. Lilly is now the only one in our family that doesn't wear glasses, and she hasn't had her yearly exam yet!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Jo said...

Molly that is terrific about the DT! I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!
So great about your friend as well. I have a friend who lives in Colorado. The one who I visited in Montana. One of my oldest and dearest friends. Her husband died of cancer a few years back at the age of 33 and left her and their four children. I hardly get to talk to her anymore and have been thinking a lot about her lately. I think I will give her a call :)Hopefully, she'll be as happy to hear from me as you were to hear from your friend.

April 20, 2006 6:49 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Very exciting news about the Frances Meyer Design Team. Fingers and toes crossed for you.

April 20, 2006 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home