Thursday, March 09, 2006

update on the update...

someone sent me this link to a short 20-second clip of Bono's words at the end of "Zoo Station" during that concert in Buenos Aires. The sound is good and you can very clearly hear what Bono said. Check it out here if you want to hear for yourself:
http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2MJSJL6ZD4NUT18EWSXSG5PI66

I hesitated posting that because there is a fine line being trod here between wanting information out of genuine concern, and violating the band's families privacy. I don't want to violate them at all or do anything that would propogate any rumors, but this is just a clip of Bono's words during a concert that he knew full well was being televised and also filmed with multiple 3-D cameras for an upcoming U2 IMAX film, so I don't think the privacy is an issue here. I was glad to get a chance to hear the clip so I could decide for myself what I thought he said, and that's why I'm posting it here. One of my first thoughts when I heard about this clip was that if it's for real, why didn't anyone notice it before? I still don't have an answer for that, other than it doesn't really mean much outside of the context of the tour being postponed. Sadly, it makes a lot more sense now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Jo said...

Hey Molly,
FYI - I found the best little flicker link on the one.org site. It puts a little rotating banner on the corner of my blog that links to their site. It's pretty cool.
I listened to that link yesterday and it gave me chills. :(

March 10, 2006 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home