Thursday, March 23, 2006

randomness...

My birthday is on Saturday! <---that exclamation point right there is about as excited as you will see me getting about it. Larry has to work that day, so it will be just another day. He is off work on Friday, so maybe we will go out for lunch or something, but with me not working our budget is really tight, so no big gifts on the horizon for me. Ho hum, lol!

For the record, however, last year for my birthday he gave me this:

Speaking of U2, I watched the new Wim Wenders movie last night. It's called Don't Come Knocking and I was really surprised to find out that it was filmed right here in Montana! What does that have to do with u2, you ask? Bono and The Edge wrote and performed the theme song. Bono sings it with Andrea Corr of The Corrs. It's a great song! And a great movie. U2 have a history of working with Wenders on his movies and writing songs for him (Stay (Faraway, So Close) is one, for the movie of the same name), and for this one they actually wrote while they were on the road touring Europe last summer. So I'd been hearing about this movie for almost a year, but still never new it was filmed nearby. Worlds colliding!

I'm going to turn in my circle card and Bono layout for that contest tonight, once I'm really sure I'm done tweaking it. Then I have another layout for a different site's contest, this one is an ad inspiration layout so that will be fun. I've never done any of these "tournament" type scrapping contests before, and just happen to be progressing in 2 different ones right now, but they are fun and something different from the usual.

Stayed up too late watching that movie, though, so today I'm dragging and wishing I could fit a trip to Starbucks into my day today!! I could SO use a triple grande mocha right now.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Norns said...

Hi, I just surfed onto your blog. I am also a big U2 fan. Just wondering...what is a circle card?

March 23, 2006 12:46 PM  
Blogger Mary Jo said...

Mike just heard the song and loves it. I haven't heard it yet though:(
Can't wait to see the movie!!

March 23, 2006 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home