Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Pride and.....something

I fell asleep in bed watching Pride and Prejudice last night. That is totally weird for me, I'm not a fall-asleep-while-watching-something type of person. I have a hard time falling asleep, so if there is anything at all to keep me awake, it will. But I was so comfy last night, and watching the movie on my laptop about 2 feet from my face, and it was such a nice, comfy, calming movie, I just couldn't help it. That's ok, I can always watch it again tonight. Maybe every night, and never have trouble falling asleep again! Ha!

Seriously, could Keira Knightly's neck BE any longer? Holy moly. I kind of love her for not getting her teeth fixed. Not that they're bad teeth or anything, but they are ever so slightly crooked and not the perfect porcelain veneers you'd expect to see. Thank god the woman has SOME imperfection.

I can't even put into words how much I love this movie. I'm not a big movie watcher, mostly because I rarely have the time or money to see something in the theater that's not animated. Meaning if there's something I want to see I have to get it on dvd, but when I'm trying to watch a movie at home I get really antsy and can't stand to sit in one place for that long. So I don't watch movies that often, and when I do watch them I tend to prefer the fast moving action type movie that will keep me engaged. But oh my gosh. I love Pride and Prejudice. It is so pretty and subtle and British. The accents are wonderful to listen to, and there is so much detail in every setting. The characters are a riot, some of them, and it's fun to see how each one is interpreted. I wonder what the Jane Austen freaks (and I totally mean freaks in a good way here) think of this movie. Do they feel like it is true to the book, or takes to much artistic license, or what? I'm going to have to look that up on the web and find out, because I'm that curious kind of girl.

But, oh! Shit, it's 7:45 and I'm supposed to be getting kids ready for school, which I'm obviously not doing, yikes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home