Wednesday, February 22, 2006

quarantine

Ok, we're not really under quarantine, but there are so many illnesses in various family members at my house it seems like not-such-a-bad-idea.

Hot on the heels of last weeks throwing up in the middle of the choir concert by Barrett, Lilly woke up from her nap yesterday both burning with fever AND throwing up. It's pathetic that now she's at the point of dry heaves because her stomach is so utterly empty. She's limp and pale and just basically waif-ish this morning.

Then there's me. I'm feeling a bit better, but I have this abcess in my face that just keeps growing. I started augmentin yesterday morning, which is a fairly strong antibiotic, but my face just keeps swelling up. I now look like I've had a stroke when I smile or speak because one side of my face is so swollen it doesn't move. My glasses don't even sit straight because my cheek is pushing them up, lol! Very attractive, really. It's creeping me out to know that there's a pocket of pus growing inside my face. Eeeew!

So, for today we'll be on a self-imposed quarantine, and hopefully will be much better by tomorrow! I'm starting to get stir-crazy and need some outside-the-house-time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home