Tuesday, February 21, 2006

my hero....

So, last night as I was going to bed I started getting a sinus headache. I'm prone to these and chronic sinus infections because I am deformed. No really! I have deformed sinus cavities, the main effect of which is that I have no sense of smell. None, at all. Another effect is this chronic sinusitis. The no-smelling is not a big deal, since that's how it's always been, and it does make for some interesting stories at times. The sinus pain and infections, though. Ugh!

It progressed pretty rapidly overnight, meaning I barely slept and spent most of the night trying to act like I wanted to be up watching bad middle-of-the-night television. I couldn't lay down without feeling like my head was going to explode, so I was propped up against the wall and basically in misery all night. Liberal doses of ibuprofen led to a trial of Tylenol PM, and by 4am I had progressed to vicodin. I finally slept for an hour or 2, but no more.

Which brings me to the actual point of this entry. After getting the kids ready and driving them to school, my husband took it upon himself to call the pharmacy to check on the status of an antibiotic refill, then went and picked it up and brought it home to me, all without me even having to ask him. I sat on the couch with blankies and pillows and my laptop, watching the Olympics on tv, and he took the reins and did exactly what I needed.

Sure, flowers, candy and jewelry are nice and are surely signs of his regard, but it's the really important things like antibiotics when I'm sick that speak to me more of his love, support and partnership. I wish I wasn't sick and god knows I have lots of other ways I'd rather spend $50, but I feel pretty cared for and taken care of right now, and that means a lot to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home