Tuesday, February 28, 2006

February

I'm going to start doing this monthly Roundup with Katie, in order to have some of these details of our lives recorded to look back at later. Of course a lot of this is already recored in my regular blog entries, but there are a few that I didn't blog about but are interesting to consider. My idea is to print these out and keep them in a file, then when I do scrapbook pages I can look up the dates and get an idea of what was going on in our lives at that time. So, this is mostly for me, and if you want to skip the rest of this entry I won't blame you a bit :)


February events & information:

* Did I watch or follow any of the 2006 Winter Olympics during the month of February? If so, what were my favorite events?

Yes, I watched a couple of hours pretty much every day. For some reason I ended up seeing a lof curling, but I wouldn't say I enjoyed that per se. The speedier sports, like downhill skiing and speed skating, are probably my favorites. I also watched a fair amount of ice skating and some cross-country skiing. The snowboarding events were fun to watch, with the youthful althetes and their irreverant attidudes, and the team uniforms that looked like huge oversized striped pj's, lol!

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

got the books covered in my sidebar, as for magazines it was all the usual scrapping ones

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?

I honestly don't think I watched a single movie this month! Weird. I'm very much into Lost right now, also 24 and (sadly) American Idol. And Survivor, of course! Too much tv, really.

What special days did I celebrate and how?

We had Barrett's bday on the 4th and had a family party. Didn't do much for Valentine's Day since Larry had to work.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have in February?

Ugh. The worst part is of course Larry's dad being diagnosed with metastatic lung cancer, and he started chemo last week. That has been devastating to Larry's mom and the whole family.
As for me personally, I again developed an abcess related to my right maxillary sinus, and had another round of augmentin with the usual side effects. My face swelled up, again, and I also developed a secondary abecess inside my mouth on my upper gum which had to be drained. Ugh, again.


What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?

Is it sad that I really had to stop and think about this, and still didn't really come up with anything? Didn't get a lot of me time with friends this month. It was my month to hostess the CTMH club and that was pretty fun, but mostly I've stayed home. I've been talking to my sister and mom on the phone a LOT which is great.

* What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try in February?

yeah, none. Man, my life seems even more boring than usual when put in these terms, doesn't it?

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

Well, I forced myself to spend a fairly large store credit at the scrapbook store, so it was kind of weird wandering around there trying to figure out what I could spend $60 on. If they'd have had a lot of new stuff it would have been laughably easy, but as it is it was kind of a challenge. So I ended up buying some things I probably wouldn't have bought otherwise, but I managed to use up that credit which is what matters, right??

I also spent a fairly large amount at my CTMH party. Maybe I don't need that recorded for posterity??

Oh, Larry bought a little car for driving back and forth to work, so I guess I shouldn't feel too bad, right? It's a decent little car, kind of fun to drive compared to the big ass van. Also much cleaner inside and out!

What were this month’s disappointments?

Didn't get chosen for either of the design team's I tried out for, and didn't get any new pages picked up for publication. But I didn't submit a whole lot, so not a crushing disappointment. There are always new design team openings and page calls!

What were my accomplishments this month?

Well! I won the Scrapbooking.com "Love" layout contest and got a very nice prize package from Creative Imaginations and Thermoweb from them. Also my 2peas gallery was chosen by the DigiShoppe, a digital scrapping store and forum, to be scraplifted in thier weekly paper to digi scraplift challenge. It was flattering to be chosen and fun to see the interpretations of my layouts!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gwyn Calvetti said...

This is a great idea! I've been trying to decide if I should somehow save my blog entries in case the internet ever blows up.

I loved David Sedaris' book, and have been trying and trying and trying to get Anansi Boys from the library. It's always checked out. I'll keep trying--the storytelling community highly recommends it.

March 01, 2006 7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Cindy Floyd and i would like to show you my personal experience with Augmentin.

I suffered from Pseudofolliculitis behind my head for years and by chance I got Augmentin from Libya without any prescription. In Europe all the doctors that I consulted could not find solution for this problem so one day I just worked into a pharmacy in Libya and showed it to the Doctor in charge of the pharmacy who adviced me to take Augmentin. I was a bit hesitant but before my returning date (after 5 days) I noticed that all the bumps are drying. and now I'm very proud of my head.

Side Effects :
None.....Miracle drug…

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Cindy Floyd

October 03, 2008 12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home