Wednesday, February 01, 2006

!

In case you were worried, I'm still here, unexploded head and all. My headache did finally go away, although calling what I had a headache would be like calling.....well, something. You get the idea.

I spent the afternoon ferrying a yelping, crying dog to 2 vets only to be told that she has a bad back. Thanks, I knew that! I have to say, though, that it seems to have done her some good as she has been moving around more and yelping less since we got home. Poor CoCo was so terrified at both vet's offices that she was visibly shaking head to toe. Like a chihuahua does, only CoCo is an overweight, full-size 22 lb. dachshund. I think her overwhelming relief at not being abandoned there has led to an amazing recovery. The vet did tell us 'no heavy lifting' for the next few days. I can't imagine what heavy lifting she thinks CoCo is doing, but ok! She also said we need to train her not to get on the furniture, as everytime she jumps down off something it puts a lot of extra strain on her back. I said I think it would be easier to build furniture ramps than it would be to re-train CoCo at this age!
In honor of this CoCocentric day, here's a pic of her with Candy the bunny meeting Mr. Pinky Pants for the first time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home