Saturday, February 04, 2006

9 years

As of 4:01am, Feb. 4th, my 3rd child and youngest son Barrett is 9 years old! It is hard for me to believe that it's been 9 years, I remember the day of his birth so clearly. Maybe because he was born at home and I was unmedicated, it is all so clear in my mind, much moreso than any of my other 3 kids' births.
This child has been a blessing and a joy every day of his life. He is a sweet and gentle-hearted boy who is very sensitive and very smart and very sympathetic to injustice. He is also very stubborn and very quick to anger sometimes (didn't want anyone to think he's perfect or anything!). I don't feel I have done my absolute best as his mother, but I have done the best I could. Barrett has enormous potential and I have always felt he was destined to do something big and touch the world in some way. For now, I just feel fortunate to be his mom and am so glad he's part of our family. My Little Bear. Your last year in the single digits is upon us!

In other news, Coco the dachshund with the bad back is still suffering and not much better than she was the other day when we took her to the vet. I did start her on some vitamin c and baby aspirin, and tonight she seems to be getting around a little bit better than she has all week. I hope tomorrow we'll wake up to something other than the sounds of her yelping as she tries to wiggle out from under the bed. Before this episode with her back, the only time she'd go under our bed was if she did something BAD while we were gone. Meaning a)pooped on the floor or b)knocked over the kitchen garbage or c)both. If we come in from being gone and she is not writhing and wriggling in delight in front of the door, then we all know to watch our step until the lights are on. But this week, with her back being hurt, she started spending almost all of her time under the bed. Which was the best thing, really, since she needed to be as immobile as possible to let her back heal. After spending several hours sleeping, though, it was very painful for her to crawl out from under the bed. Anyhoo, I really hope she will continue feeling better and maybe tomorrow she'll be ready to go outside for more than 30 seconds at a time. She did eat quite a bit today, considering that she hadn't eaten much at all for the past 4 days. This afternoon when I was petting her I noticed that she is shedding, a LOT. Which is bizarre, because as a short-haired dog she has never noticeably shed before. I hope that's not a symptom of some bizarre illness!

I'm going to close by saying that I'm fully aware that the previous paragraph was numbingly boring, and I can only hope to do better tomorrow. I promise this is not going to become a pet blog! I can't say what kind of blog it is or will be, but it will NOT be a pet blog, so help me god.

I'm a little bummed out because I just found out I didn't get a design team gig that I really thought I had in the bag, but it's not a crushing disappointment. There are always design team and magazine calls out there, I just need to do a better job of getting work done to submit to them. I don't know why I was so sure I had that one in the bag, but lesson learned and all that. Peace out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home