Friday, February 24, 2006

86ed!

Oh my freaking god. I can't even believe the bizarre turn tonight's crop took. I don't know if I'm even going to post this to my blog right away but I'm going to write it all out anyway lest I forget some of the bizarrity.

Ok, so in a *tiny* nutshell, this was a free birthday crop at the lss that I used to work for, for my friend's birthday. I worked for this store over a year ago, they fired me without cause and I collected 24 weeks of unemployment. Since I live in small town with only 1 other lss, I have sometimes shopped there over the last 6 months or so. Relations between me and the owner have varied from barely-cordial to friendly. Lots more to this story, of course, but that's in in a nutshell.

So tonight she comes up to me after I'd been at the crop for about 45 minutes or so. At that particular moment everyone else there was either shopping or in the kitchen getting food (it was a potluck), and she obviously chose that time to ambush me. I was scrapping with my ipod on and in my own little world until I realized she was talking to me.

She says "If you can't be nice then you'll have to leave." I was just flabbergasted. I said "Ok, _____, there's no problem, it's fine" and go back to my scrapping. She evidently didn't like my (slightly sarcastic) tone, because she said "Ok, get your stuff, and leave now." I said "____, I'm just a customer, I just want to be treated like everyone else. I'm here for _______'s birthday party and we just want to have a good time." I can't even remember what else was said right away, we talked for about 5 more minutes before some other people came in the room and that was pretty much the end of it.

She did say that she had read one of my posts on 2peas and that she knew it was about her and it really hurt her feelings. I told her that I never thought about her reading it, and if it hurt her feelings I was sorry, but that everything I said was true. I offered to help her with her website (the thread at 2peas was about websites) and she refused, of course.

I told her that we both had to just try to get along and it was probably always going to be uncomfortable (because her and I used to be fairly close friends) but that I wanted to continue to shop there. She actually said to me "after all the things you said to me I never thought you'd shop here again". I still can't believe she said that! When she fired me the only negative or snarky thing I said was "Let me know when you have your going out of business sale".

On the other hand, when I filed for unemployment she told many MANY outright lies about me, and enlisted her family members to do the same. The fact that I won the dispute shows that they were in the wrong. I am just dumbfounded that she actually feels SHE was *wronged* in that whole thing. I can't believe she confronted me like that AT THE CROP. I had a $66.63 store credit and you can bet I used every single cent of that before I left.

Of course, that was after I locked myself in the bathroom crying, and called my dh on my cell phone crying to tell him about the whole thing. After I had to try to explain to all my friends that were there why I was crying and why I was leaving without saying anything that would make the whole thing that much worse.

What a freaking mess. I'm so SO angry, mainly because I didn't get a chance to respond or defend myself. Also because it totally ruined the crop for me and I left after another hour or so. Because she has the audacity to stalk me over the internet via 2peas and then complain because she read what I wrote. I specifically didn't mention her store by name or say anything that would identify it, so there isn't jack shit she can do about it.

So, there you go, I've been 86ed from the scrapbook store, lol! Good times, good times.

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle W. said...

Hugs. I'm sorry to hear about this happening to you!

Michelle

February 24, 2006 10:57 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Wow! Bummer! All I can say is I would NOT be shopping there anymore!

February 24, 2006 11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. obvisolsy she has issues. maybe bi polar? but if she is stalking you on the internet thanks to a new law it is illigal.

btw you are a much better person than i am. I would ahev told EVERYONE!!!!! and i would have said the name of the store on 2peas and on my blog!

February 25, 2006 5:43 AM  
Blogger lisa said...

I'm sorry...I got 86'ed from our only LSS due to a Pea. Now I can only shop at Hobby Lobby or online.

Don't worry, maybe you can get some good deals at her "going out of business" sale

February 25, 2006 6:38 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Holy Guacamole...
A) What a great way to get peas to read your blog.
B) Seriously? Does she NOT want business.
PUHLEEZE post her store name on 2P's... but I fear you're a "bigger" woman than she is.
Hilary

February 25, 2006 6:59 PM  
Blogger Gwyn Calvetti said...

This is beyond bizarre. All I can offer in the way of comfort is this...what goes around will eventually come around. Maybe you can clean up at her going-out-of-business sale!

March 01, 2006 7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home