Thursday, January 19, 2006

ok, so I've been kind of cocooning in my house the last couple of days, and didn't really have anything exciting to write about. Not that that ever stopped me before. And I still don't have anything too thrilling, but I felt an entry was overdue, so here I am.

My main activity this week has been mentally spending our tax refund, over and over again. I have to admit that the week or so before we get the money is actually better than getting the money itself. Before it comes, it's all about possiblity. I can make mental and pen-and-paper lists over and over without reducing the total at all. Once the money comes, it's bills first which is a huge chunk off the top, and from there the rest flows through our fingers like water. But those last few days of waiting, nothing seems out of reach. This is my favorite time of year! Of course, we can't go on putting all those bills, etc off forever, so it's a good thing when the money actually does come through.

Our major purchase this year is going to be a new computer. Now, the last 2 times we've gotten new systems I've wanted to get a laptop, but Larry has Something Against Laptops, and always talks me out of it. 3 or 4 years ago I got a cheap-y IBM thinkpad on ebay, and while I still have that it is barely functional. Doesn't have any cd or even a floppy drive, so there's really no way to add software or anything to it. Plus it's memory is just so sucky. It is really really time for a new laptop! On the other hand, we have replaced the keyboard on our desktop probably 10-15 times in the last 2 years. Our kids are horribly notorious for spilling things on the keyboard. If that were to happen to our laptop, I'm pretty sure it would mean more than a run to walmart for their $10 keyboard. So maybe we're not an ideal laptop family? Or maybe I should just do some minor upgrades to the desktop we have now, and save that for the kids, and then also get a new laptop which is for Larry and me only?? Decisions, decisions! I just miss having the flexibility of a laptop, and I so miss being able to snuggle up in bed and be on the computer at the same time. Just can't quite decide what to do....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home