Saturday, January 14, 2006

Another spring-like weekend here in Montana, I'm not complaining or anything but really, what happened to winter?? All the cold weather gear is getting clearanced at the stores and yet we've only had one really cold snap so far. It's bizarre! Again, I'm not complaining. Life is a lot easier and more enjoyable when you don't take your life in your hands just venturing out to drive on icy roads.

So, just a pretty quiet weekend at home here. I did a couple of errands earlier today including a stop at the lss. They had a 30% off total purchase coupon that expired today, but I didn't find much that I needed. I'm rocking some pretty cool projects right now, hopefully I'll have some pics to post soon, maybe later this afternoon? First I'm doing some housework and uploading some pictures to sams club so I can pick them up later.

Since this is MY blog I will take a minute to give my unsolicited opinion on the James Frey/A Million Little Things controversy. I'm assuming that everyone knows what the controversy is, if not click on the link and then come back. Now that we're all on the same page, I just want to say that I really don't understand what the big deal is. I read the book a couple of months ago, and look forward to reading the sequel My Friend Leonard as soon as I can get my hands on it at the library. I really don't care if he spent a couple of days in jail vs a couple of months. As far as I'm concerned, even if the only true part of the book is his dental visit that is good enough for me. Plus it doesn't seem like anyone is disputing the actual meat of his story, just a few little details. The bottom line is that he pulled himself back from the brink of the abyss and that is the message of the book. I have to wonder why so many people are so upset about the recent revelations?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home