Tuesday, October 18, 2005

so, a quiet morning at home with Lilly. I'm reading blogs and basically catching up with my online life that I neglected over the weekend. Oh, I get so inspired by reading blogs, it is a wonderful thing. Who knew that a thing called "blogging" could be so huge and make a difference in day to day life?? It's not the scrapping blogs that really inspire me, though, it's usually other craft-y ones. Like this one, this one, and this one.
I have grand ideas of crocheting scarves, sweaters, slippers and the like. I drool over the idea of making my own bags and purses, with matching wallets and cute little holders for my cell phone and ipod to go along. I remember the days when Britt was little and I made so many of her clothes, cute little dresses with matching pantaloons and pinafores. Why didn't I save some of those for Lilly? I know I did save a lot of them, for a long time, but in the past few years we've had some traumatic moves where we lost a lot of our "stuff" and I guess those dresses went into the ether with the rest of that "stuff".

But now I'm way off topic, and don't really want to start down the road of thinking about all the things I had and lost in those moves. My big plan for today is to conquer Mt. Laundry, and clean my bedroom. I always feel like a child when I say (or type) the phrase "clean my bedroom", lol! But really, it's not just our bedroom but also Lilly's room, my scrapping/craft room, and pretty much the central hub of our house. The way our place is laid out is really weird because at one time it was a duplex but now is a single-family home. So to get to the laundry room, 2nd bathroom and the boys' bedroom you have to go through our bedroom. Really cuts down on the privacy, but at least this way I can hang out in my room without feeling like I'm cut off from the rest of the family.
Except that with Larry's parents coming we cleaned up the other half of the house, and in doing that a lot of junk got just kind of dumped into our room. It'd be nice to be able to walk through there without taking my life into my hands, so I've got to deal with that today. All the clutter is not really conducive to being creative, either, so if I have any hopes of getting in some time at my scrap table I need to clean up the room first!
So that is my plan for today, and I sincerely hope to be able to come back here and report that it's done later without having to lie in order to do so. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home