Friday, August 12, 2005

so, my mom is here and the winds of war are blowing between the sisters. It's not pretty. Grandma seems happy to be home, although she is very depressed still. I guess that's to be expected. She is having some major back pain, so now that she's on more pain meds she is a lot sleepier but that is good, at least she can rest. She got up in the night twice her first night home and fell both times, so now she has a catheter in place so she won't be getting up to pee so often. Today I'm going to see if she wants to go outside, there is a nice walking/jogging path behind her condo that I could push her on in the wheelchair.

It's been good for me, Larry and the kids to have my mom here. It is going to be so hard watching her say goodbye to her mom on Sunday. I'm so sad about losing my Grandma that I can't even work up a lot of anger toward my aunt's for all the bullshit they are pulling. They are making a bad situation a lot worse than it has to be, but in the end Grandma will be gone just the same.

It's 3:46 am, I can't sleep, I think I'm going to work on some laundry and maybe read for a bit and try to get a couple more hours of sleep before I have to be up for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home