Wednesday, August 17, 2005

It sounds like Grandma is in her final days now. We were gently told today that it would be good to go say our goodbyes within a week or so. How is it that it's just now really hitting me that she's going to be gone? I keep thinking I can't wait until this is all over and we can go back to normal, then I remember that normal isn't going to be normal anymore. We won't sit at Grandma's table having coffee and talking about the news. She won't be here for another thanksgiving, christmas, or mother's day. She won't be taking the kids to the mall to buy a new outfit this fall as she has done for the last several years. All those little things I took for granted, it's just now hitting me that it's all over. Grandma's going to be gone. I'm going to miss her so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home