Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Had the meeting w/the hospital social worker today...it was me and Larry (who left work for an hour just to come to the meeting, what a guy!), Grandma, the social worker, and both Crazy Aunts. It was ok, it didn't go "well" but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. That's about all I can say about it right now, it's just kind of a blur but I do know that it could've been worse! There had obviously been a lot of lies spread about me between the aunts and from them to Grandma, but I just kept steering the focus back onto Grandma and what her wishes are, and what is best for her.

I had a good talk w/my counselor afterwards and got her take on the whole thing which was helpful. She confirmed what I was thinking which is that a lot of the negativity coming my way from the C.A's is actually anger at my mom (their sister) being projected onto me. She encouraged me to tell my mom to get out here and deal with this situation, which I did. Mom said she wants some time to think about it, but I'm still really hopeful that she will come. Or rather, come sooner rather than later. There's not much doubt about her coming, but she is more inclined to wait where I wish she'd come sooner before chemo.

My feeling right now is that Grandma will rally a little bit now that radiation is over and she is getting her appetite back, but that the chemo will take it's toll on her and she will either die from the side effects or get so sick that she stops the treatment.

We took Grandma's bed back to her house today, so we have no bed, but hopefully we will get one soon. Tomorrow is my last day in the gift shop at work, from now on I will just be working Sunday lunches which is great, only about 4 hours and I make pretty good tips so it will be nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home