Monday, August 08, 2005


Finally finished this layout a couple of nights ago. It took me several days to do it because of the {usual} constant interruptions, and I HATE it when I have to spread a project out over days like that because I lose the creative flow that I had going, but that's life right now. The paper is the new K&Co Kimberly Hodges stuff, pretty bright and girly but it worked great for these pics of Lilly playing in a sun shower.
One of my new favorite things is using the MM wordfetti stickers to make little word collages, after having several wordfetti sets in my stash for a year or so I am finally using them and loving the free association, chain-of-consciousness feeling of them.
I'm itching to scrap again today, but after a hectic weekend here the house is in SERIOUSLY bad shape and needs my attention...maybe I can get it clean this morning and then spend the afternoon scrapping?
In other news:

~Gramma: fell while getting back in bed after a midnight trip to the bathroom night before last, and laid on the floor in her room for a while before a nurses aid came along and found her. Thank god she wasn't seriously hurt, just bruised and a little sore and I think mostly embarrassed. The 'Leens haven't been to see G or take her outside for 3 days, I am just FUMING mad over that. Guess they are too busy out spending all her money, in the meantime we can't even take her home on an hour's pass (which is what G wants more than anything right now) because she can't get up into our van and of course the 'Leens have possession of G's car. It is so frustrating and sad and just infuriating, and I don't know what to do.

~Kids: I think they are pretty much looking forward to school starting, now that the fair is over and the unstructured, lazy days of summer have lost their appeal and are basically just boring now. Tucker read the entire Chronicles of Narnia last week, I had so much fun talking about it with him and surprised myself with all the details I remembered about books I last read over 20 years ago! Still need to make a decision about Lilly and preschool this fall, I think she should go but it is hard to fit into the budget, and then there's trying to pick one to send her to. It's always something, right??

~U2: Happy Birthday to Mr. The Edge today! They are wrapping up the final dates of the european leg of the tour and played last night in Barcelona in the largest stadium in the world (literally).

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I like to scrap. to. I have made one every year about all kids of diff. things. But I now have a 9 month old and it is hard to do it with out stoping every five min. cause he is always in to every thing. So I know how ya fell.
O and sorry about Granmma!

August 08, 2005 11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

teLL THE TRUTH ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED WHEN MY MOTHER DIED YA LOSER! I THINK YOU ARE THE ONE ON METH. NONE OF THE GARBAGE YOU WROTE IN YOUR BLOB ER UH BLOG WAS THE TRUTH. YOU USED AND ABUSED MY MOTHER AND CAUSED HER AN EARLY DEATH ! I BLAME YOU MOLLY YOU AND YOUR CRAZY, FAT ASS SHITTY THING YOU CALL A MOTHER!

August 19, 2006 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home