Monday, August 01, 2005

craziness

Utter and complete lunacy has taken over my extended family in the last 2 days. Without going into too much boring and mind-numbing detail, let me just say that my 2 aunts are completely insane and I'm frankly a little frightened by both of them, lol!

In a nutshell, my dying grandmother has 3 daughters who are constantly at war. One of them is my mother, the other 2 the above mentioned aunts. Only one of them lives here, my mom and the oldest of the sisters both live out of state. My aunt Eileen who lives here in town and I have been getting along great and working together to take care of Grandma through this whole thing. Until yesterday. Now it seems that my 2 aunts have decided I am too uppity for my own good, and I need to be put in my place as a "granddaughter" not a "daughter". Like it matters! What's important is taking care of Grandma, not fighting over who gets what now and later when she's gone. So anyway, I'm on the outs with the aunts. The other one is flying in tomorrow for 2 weeks, and my mom will be coming later after the oldest sister leaves. It is going to be a stressful 2 weeks having them both here, especially when I am now the black sheep and they are doing their best to keep me out of the loop.
But, I'm trying to look on the bright side. This will give me a little break from the constant hand-holding of Eileen, and I can still visit Grandma as much as I want. She is still in the hospital, her last radiation is tomorrow and she hopes to come home later this week. Even once she's home I can still visit her, so I'm trying not to get too freaked out about my aunts shutting me out. It just sucks to be in a dysfunctional family and trying to deal with unbalanced, alcoholic and/or drug addicted family members! My mantra, like my blog title is "the secret is letting go. Just let go. Just let it go"

In the meantime, I will be able to be home a little more often for the next few weeks which is great. We are planning a trip to the big Montana State Fair either today or tomorrow, looking forward to seeing the exhibits, eating Fair Food, taking pics of the kids on the carnival rides...hopefully no heat stroke, lost children or upset tummies will happen to us this year!

Today is the big Douche Out the House day around here, which as you can tell I am busy helping with. It is beastly, ungodly hot here. There is just something wrong with temps in or near the triple digits, I don't care what anyone says. And don't even START to tell me about the "dry" heat. 90+ is too hot, dry wet or otherwise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home