Monday, July 11, 2005


Today was my 2nd day in a row of having to be at work at 5:30 am, and I have to just say that I am SO glad I don't have to do it every day. I am in a total fog right now, I just can't get to sleep early enough at night so that I'll be well rested by 4:30am. So I'm getting by on just a few hours of sleep, and just barely getting by at that.

On top of that, I just spent the last 3 hours in the dentist's waiting room. Both Britt and Barrett had appointments, so we made them back-to-back. Bad decision! Keeping a 3 year old occupied in a boring waiting room for 3 hours is almost impossible, and I had a killer headache before it was half over. Torture couldn't be worse than the way I just spent my afternoon, seriously!

I would give just about anything for 15 minutes of quiet right now, but instead I have the tv blaring (how many times can I tell them to turn it down??), kids being rowdy/playing/fighting, just the usual stuff but oh my god, I NEED some peace and quiet for a little bit! Calgon, take me away.

On the upside, Larry and I both have the day off tomorrow so it should be a good day to catch up on things around the house, and just generally enjoying not going to work, lol! I work on Wed, then I'm off for the next 6 days. YES!!! I can't wait. Last week was from hell, and now that it's over I can't believe I made it. I don't know other mothers do it, working full time, but I can't. No matter how clean it is in the morning, the house is trashed by the time I get home. If I take just ONE day off from constant cleaning/laundry/upkeep then it spins out of control, and we end up where we are now, with no clean towels, no clean clothes, no clean's just so discouraging to know that no matter how hard I try to keep the house clean and organized I can't take any downtime at all without it all falling apart. I guess that's just life with a large family in a small house, and it's definitely not the first time I've struggled with this, but it doesn't really get any easier.


Post a Comment

<< Home