Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Just a quick update from me...we had a nice 4th, I worked until about 6 and then came home and we had pizza for dinner, hung out doing smoke bombs etc w/the kids, then headed to the rivers edge to watch the fireworks show. It was great and I got some nice pics, but then Barrett got sick and started complaining about his stomach hurting, so I said we better head back to the van. About halfway there he started puking, in the middle of a parking lot full of people watching the fireworks. Nice!

He felt better after that, though, so we stayed and sat on top of the van to watch the rest of the show, then headed home. It was almost 11:30 by the time we got back!

I got up this morning and called work, hoping that they'd say they didn't need me to come in after all, and they did! So I got the day off along with Larry, so in a way today has been more of a holiday family day than yesterday was.

We went and loaded up on groceries first thing this morning, then came home and had some lunch. Then I snuck off in the bedroom and took a 3 hour nap!! Ahhh, it was bliss. Dark bedroom, fan blowing, glass of iced tea to drink, and listening to the kids play (and NOT fight!) in the backyard. I didn't get the laundry done today like I wanted to, but I know I really needed that nap so I'm trying not to feel too guilty about it.

The kids put together a water show in the back yard involving the pool, the sprinkler and a glorified version of follow the leader. I can't imagine why I didn't grab the camera for that except I had just woken up and must not have been quite awake yet. It was so cute to see the 4 of them playing together, with a 10 year spread it's not often that there is one activity that they'll all do together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home