Tuesday, July 19, 2005

changes

First of all I want to say thank you to Amber for helping me figure out how to put my own banner on here, and that change inspired me to change my whole template and look of my blog. Hope you like it!

Spent most of yesterday at the hospital w/Gramma and Eileen (my aunt). Not the most romantic or fun anniversary I have ever had, but I told Larry we can always celebrate our anniversary later when we have more time and money. No biggie.

Today is my last day off work for a while, and Larry's last day off for this week too. I'd really really like to just spend the day at home getting things done and just chillin, but I just feel bad if I don't get up to the hospital and stay for at least a few hours. I also need to do my biolife thing today, so I don't think a day at home is in the cards for me today.

I'm really considering cutting my hours at work, or just taking a temporary leave all together. I just can't juggle everything I need to do at home with the kids and family and housework PLUS being at the hospital for hours every day PLUS a work schedule. I can do it for a while, but tomorrow I work a 10 hour day and that just doesn't leave time for anything else. I'm stressing about it big time. We need the money, but I also need to be there for my Grandma right now and my family needs me and didn't ask for this to happen either! Just wish there were more hours in the day, or more of me to go around....

~Gramma: got a PICC line inserted yesterday. Opted to not start chemo yet but will consider it after another week of radiation depending on how she feels. Will be moving to the transitional care unit sometime this week. Her liver function is way down, so the tumors there are growing fast, but we're just not sure aggressive treatment is a logical option right now. Had a rather tense meeting with her oncologist yesterday, I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but he was really rude to us yesterday which was disheartening. Got to have good communication with the docs for sure!

~kids: Both Britt and Tuck finished the Half Blood Prince, I'm about 1/3 of the way through it myself. They spent yesterday in the yard playing and swimming, it looks to be another hot day today so probably more of the same.

~u2: Playing in Zurich the next few nights, then I believe they are on to Italy. Rumors are that the Milan shows will be filmed for upcoming dvd release, they did have cameras at the A'dam shows but that seems to have been more of a dress rehearsal rather than the real thing. I can't wait to get the Vertigo tour dvd's!

~scrapbooking: what's that? I did start a layout night before last, and didn't get to finish it which in itself is unusual for me, and haven't been back to my scrapping table since. Normally if I start a layout I finish it right then, I like to keep in the groove and get it done. Probably by the time I get back to that one I will have totally lost my vision of what it was going to be like, but oh well. Someday I will have my life back, I think!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home