Sunday, June 19, 2005

I'm an idiot and other design team musings

Ok,I've been totally stressing out over a design team assignment that was due on June 1. I got an extension until the 15th, but was still finishing up writing it up and taking pics this evening. Then, when I was looking at my assignment to get some details on image size, I realized that it's not actually due until July 1! I was thinking it was an assignment for July, when it is actually for August. DUH!!!!

I'm relieved, because now I have the whole thing done ahead of time and I don't have to stress about it, but at the same time I'm kicking myself because I was stressing SO bad about it, and being sick but making myself work on it, and not allowing myself to do any "fun" scrapping or other projects until I got it done, and all along I wasn't anywhere near the deadline after all.

I guess now I can go work on some "normal" layouts without feeling guilty about neglecting my DT duties,lol! This was/is my first assignment for a new DT and working on it was really different than I thought it would be. Without being too specific, I had pretty much any choice of what type of project I wanted to do, but had to use specific products. This ended up being harder than you'd think, I found it to be really difficult and confining. It's just something I have to get used to. I like the end results I came up with, but they don't look like "Molly" to me, if that makes any sense. I had a hard time putting my personal touches or my "style" to use, it just felt really narrow and difficult. I wonder if it's like that for other people when they first get assignments to work on, rather than just doing whatever feels right at the moment? It will be good for me to learn to work within those parameters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home