Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Window in the Skies

the new u2 song, it debuted on US radio today. Didn't take too long before there was an mp3 circulating, thank god. So here you go, if you'd like a listen and can't wait for the official release:
http://download.yousendit.com/456BE4F817819500

I like it. A lot. I'm reserving my right to say I love it until I hear a more clear version, but I think it'd be safe to say it's an awesome song. And a very different sound for u2. I hear a lot of Beatles in it, I don't know if it's the timing or the bridges or what. That's not a bad thing. It's a u2 song, clearly, that sounds like no other u2 song.

That said, it'd be hard to not like a new u2 song. It can be a long, dry stretch between albums!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems like another U2 classic is born. Damn these guys are good...

November 07, 2006 10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i reckon this will get number 1. its fucking awesome. i've been waiting to hear this for a while and i never thought it would be as good for some reason, i was expecting another electrical storm which is good but this is a fucking cracker song, in the vain of sweetest thing only far better.... AMAZING

November 07, 2006 2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone have a new link?

November 07, 2006 2:46 PM  
Blogger Mary Jo said...

The link isn't working for me! :(
Can't wait to hear it!!!

November 08, 2006 8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please someone post a new link. Haven't heard this either. Am dying to hear it!!!!!! :)

November 09, 2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger Kate O'Brien said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 10, 2006 7:35 AM  
Blogger Kate O'Brien said...

love the song too! Love your blog - made it here via largerfamilies.com
I heard the song on myspace - I'll go find the link

November 10, 2006 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home